Some of the major benefits of grapeseed oil for hair are:
- One of the top benefits of grapeseed oil is that it gives your hair a great sheen. It also helps in reducing brittleness in hair. But for this you need to regularly massage your scalp with grapeseed oil.
- When grapeseed oil is used regularly on hair, it also solves the problem of dandruff. Also the problem of seborrheic dermatitis can be reduced by regular application of grapeseed oil on the scalp.
- No matter what type of hair you have – normal, dry or oily, you can use grapeseed oil without any problem.
- As grapeseed oil contains vitamin E and linoleic acid it helps to strengthen the hair follicles and make them strong and healthy. This is why applying grapeseed oil to hair is one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
- Dry, rough and frizzy hair can also benefit from the use of grapeseed oil. The hair cuticles gets smooth with this oil as it seals in the moisture and make each hair strand strong.
- Grapeseed oil is also used as a heat protector as it can resists temperatures to 450° F. Thus, this oil is good for damaged hair that has happed due to heat treatments.
- As this hair oil is odorless and non greasy in texture, it can be applied by people who hate the feeling of heavy hair which happens when rich oils are used. Grapeseed oil is easily absorbed by the scalp and hair, making it soft, shiny and manageable.
- Often grapeseed oil is used as carrier oil. You can dilute grapeseed oil with other essential oils like lavender oil to apply it on your hair to maintain the moisture of your hair.
How to Use Grape Seed Oil for Hair
In case you want to use grapeseed oil and want good results, you should know how to apply it correctly.
For hot oil treatment, take 4 to 6 tablespoons of organic grape seed oil and mix it with 2 teaspoon of lavender or rosemary essential oil. Now put the mixture in a small bowl and put in a large mug of hot water. Keep the oil for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the oil is warm to touch. Now apply the warm oil into your scalp.
To massage with grapeseed oil use the tip of your fingers. Gently massage into your scalp and base of neck and hair. Make sure that you coat each strand of hair with grapeseed oil. Take a warm towel and wrap it over your head. Leave the oil on your hair for about 25 to 30 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Grapeseed oil can be used in natural homemade deep conditioning treatments. For this you need to mixing 4 tablespoons of grapeseed oil with 5 drops of cypress essential oil, juice of half a lime and 2 egg yolks. Apply this mixture on your hair and keep it for 15 minutes before washing your hair with warm water. Regular deep conditioning treatment with grapeseed oil will make hair strong and lustrous.
Size: 2.5 oz
Ingredients: 100% Natural Grape Seed Oil